Click menu name to go to the page you want.
- About Institute
- Cyber Public Relations
- Research Division
- University-industry joint research
- Staff search
- Research devices
- Research achievement
- Natural product library
- CAREERS & ACADEMIC PROGRAMS
- Careers at KIST Gangneung
- Academic Programs
How to commission research
- Request through Administration Team
- If a consignor inquires KIST Gangneung Administration Team regarding technology to be acquired, the Administration Team will take measures to allow relevant researchers and consignors to meet and discuss. Then, details and expenditure of research will be finalized between the consignor and researcher and a contract will be signed after going through an internal procedure.
- Directly requested to responsible researcher
- If the consignor knows the researcher at KIST Gangneung who owns the technology to be acquired, he/she may discuss the project with the corresponding researcher, who then must finalize the details and expenditure of research before going through the internal procedure and signing a contract.
- For the results or resolution of difficult technologies that a consignor (company, organization, or individual) wishes to obtain in the process of R&D and commercialized product development, an expert in the corresponding area is matched and the following research services are provided.
- Consignment to the industries
- Scale of research: Research projects worth more than 50 million KRW each year
- Major details: Signing of a separate research contract for assistance of developing technology that the industries wish to obtain
- Support process
- Small-scale research service
- Scale of research: Less than 20 million KRW
- Major details: Provision of services through a research service contract when requesting relatively simple survey, counseling, and/or testing analysis
* Analysis service: Utilize advanced analyzing devices to support organic and inorganic chemical analysis, ultrafine surface analysis, nanostructure analysis, protium analysis, etc. and educate on knowledge accumulated throughout the analytical technology
- Application process
Participation in research
- Support participation in cooperative, consigned and joint research for agency-specific projects and government-consigned projects conducted by KIST
- Service type
- Invitation for consigned assignments among KIST's agency-specific projects (announced in the beginning of each year): research cooperation for national research development projects
- Ministry of Science and ICT and other ministries: cooperation/consignment
- Ministry of Trade, Industry, and Energy: joint/participation